LWSD Elementary Band and Orchestra - General program and instrument information
Dickinson Region Elementary Orchestra
(Alcott, Ella Baker, Dickinson/Explorer, Rosa Parks, and Wilder)
Rachel Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Instruction is offered for fifth grade students only. The focus is on beginning instrumental technique and music reading skills with possible performance opportunities throughout the year.
Orchestra will be taught asynchronously, which means no live teaching. Lessons will be found on TEAMS. There will be 1-2 lessons per week with additional connection time as needed.
Registration: Click here!
Orchestra Information Night
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:00-8:00pm.
TEAMS Meeting Link
Rachel Harris ♪ email@example.com
There are two levels of string classes. Level 1 starts with beginning instrumental technique and Level 2 has the students moving on to developing good tone production, intonation, rhythm and good practice skills and habits.
Grades are based on the following expectations:
● Commit for the entire year
● Come prepared with all materials
● Practice 30-40 minutes 6 days a week
Materials for class:
● Instrument of correct size, in good playing condition
● Sponge shoulder pad (for violin and viola)
● Rock stop (for cello or bass)
● Soft cloth for cleaning the instrument
● Pencil with eraser, attached to binder with string or Velcro
● Folding music stand
● A 3-ring binder